Aiming and Working to Achieve My Ideal Weight



Monday, October 4, 2010

Having been busy with my return to our house and an added pressure at my day job, I undeliberately left my abs project on the wayside. Now, that I am practically settled at home, I found time to think about my healthy endeavor.

As this is another beginning, I figured that I should know first where my health stand currently before going forward. While there are a lot of things to consider before one is declared healthy, an ideal weight is probably the most noticeable indicators of being healthy.

So, I sought the web for help to find what should be the ideal weight I should aim for.

Body Mass Index (BMI) is a good estimate of an ideal weight based on one's height and actual weight. Armed with a tape measure and old but working weighing scale, I measured myself: 160 cm & 61 kilograms.

According to BMI Calculator of the National Heart Lung and Blood Institute ( under the US Department & Human Services), I currently have a BMI of 23.8 which falls on the Normal Level.


Body Mass Index & Weight Categories

  • Normal Weight = 18.5 to 24.9
  • Overweight = 25 - 29.9
  • Obesity = 30 & above


It was a relief to learn that I am weighing normally but still, I sought out other websites. The next site I referred to was www.hall.md. I particularly liked its calculation because it factors in age and gender.

The site revealed the same BMI calculations plus offered other information. 60 kgs is the ideal weight considered by most people with the same age, gender, height and weight like mine. And recommended (supposedly medical) the range of 49 - 64 kgs as ideal weight.

Honestly, 60 kilograms feels just right as my ideal weight even though I concluded it without a medical advice from a professional. And I'm glad I am not way way off. It is very encouraging to have a much easier and more achievable goal. Still, I would still love to work and try to have that piolo-like abs.

0 comments:

Looking for Something Else? SEARCH it HERE

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP