My Two Abs-Project-Related New Year's Resolution



Thursday, January 6, 2011

I will join the chorus of this time - New Year's Resolutions - for my overall health and, of course, my abs-project in 2011.

People are so worried about what they eat between Christmas and the New Year, but they really should be worried about what they eat between the New Year and Christmas.


Image from daveograve@

Luckily for me, I wasn't worried at all on what could've eaten this past holiday season. Rather, I was more concerned on how to afford what will be our holiday feast.

So, my first resolution for 2011 is to always eat on time. Because missing a meal often lead to late-night binges, extra rice and all. All the calories happily stored by my beer belly because I will soon dozed off to sleep. The main focus of this resolution is to eat a lot. Yes! You read that right. Eat a lot, ONLY on breakfast.

My second New Year's resolution is to sleep enough hours. Rightly so because accordingly;
A sleep schedule is vital to any weight-loss plan, say Wake Forest University researchers who tracked study participants for 5 years. In the under-40 age group, people who slept 5 hours or less each night gained nearly 2½ times as much abdominal fat as those who logged 6 to 7 hours; also, those who slept 8 hours or longer added nearly twice as much belly fat as the 6- to 7-hour group. People with sleep deficits tend to eat more (and use less energy) because they’re tired, says study coauthor Kristen Hairston, M.D., while those who sleep longer than 8 hours a night tend to be less active.

Image from malias

I think that these two resolutions are realistic and achievable enough for me this 2011. Happy 2011 to everyone! And may all our resolutions, including my abs-project, be achieved this year!

0 comments:

Looking for Something Else? SEARCH it HERE

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP